Forming good working relationships with the tradesmen and everyone who works on your property is essential for the success of your project.
Property professionals will often say that there are 3 things on which a success of a building project can be measured, these are:
Achieving all 3 is not easy.
Depending on the type of property and the work you have done, you may not need to employ the whole range of different contractors but one thing you will need to decide is whether to project manage the work yourself or delegate this to someone else.
The Drawing Office (SW) Ltd can offer its Project Management Services as part of a full Design and Build Package or as a separate service. Many clients prefer Design and Build as it gives one point of contact and a clear chain of command throughout the duration of the project.
The role of Project Manager covers such aspects as:
- Tendering and selecting the right sub-contractors and expertise.
- Program of works.
- Production of a Bill of Quantities for cost management.
- Contract administration - usually 2 visits per week and a written report with regular meetings with contractors on site.
- Compliance and Co-ordination of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Checking for Quality and snagging.
- Final sign offs.
Our Project Management Services are usually charged out at either a fixed price or on an hourly basis. Typically the cost for a Design and Build service is in the region of 5-8% of the cost of the whole project.